Liverpool fans have plenty of positives and negatives to digest on Monday, with a very impressive win against Leeds marred by Harvey Elliott’s injury – and a Champions League game is also imminent.
Elliott injury news and possible return
First up, the latest on our talented teen who’s been on the sidelines for an extended period of time. Fortunately, Elliott seems to have had the worst of the incident, though of course there is a long way to go.
He has to undergo surgery, which will take place in the next week, and although he admits that he is “absolutely devastated”, Elliott thanked the fans for the good wishes and messages of support.
Leeds man Pascal Struijk, who was sent off for the incident, has also sent his support to Elliott, saying he has been “gutted” for the Reds youngster.
Meanwhile, the injury expert’s view is that rather than the dislocation, but rather the potential fracture and ligament damage could affect Elliott’s return to the game schedule.
We could see anywhere from three to more than six months without our starlet.
Reaction to weekend win
- Thiago Alcantara maybe he’s just beginning to get through to the crazy TV experts who decided he wouldn’t exercise and for the past four or five months have resolutely refused to acknowledge his excellence
Latest news from Liverpool FC
- And Jürgen Klopp is testing Nice striker Amine Gouiri as a possible long-term replacement for Firmino, according to reports from France and Spain. Nothing specific yet, but maybe one to see
Latest Premier League chat
- Dusan Vlahovic was rumored shortlisted for Liverpool, Spurs and Atletico last month but is in talks to extend his contract with Fiorentina
- Houssem Aouar has turned down Arsenal ties for around the 20th time and says he wants Lyon to be in the Champions League. The Gunners really get to be that guy in the club who thinks he’s the one all the girls want, don’t they? You go home alone. Early. Again.
Tweet of the day and game of the night
How many more are coming this season ?!
All 100 goals of Mohamed Salah in the Premier League.
I think we all know the sweet spot for curlers !? pic.twitter.com/enjzntEajp
– Marius Fischer (@ Gegenpressing91) September 13, 2021
Tonight it’s Ev and Burnley in what is perhaps the most 1-0 sounding game in history.