Liverpool have a number of issues to resolve ahead of trips to Watford and Madrid and it is a far cry from the usual injuries and headaches for Jurgen Klopp.
Atleti Boost, Liverpool Card
It has never been routine to face Spanish champions Atletico Madrid in the Champions League group stage this season – that’s what makes the two previous wins so important.
But now, while Atleti is getting a big boost from their country, Liverpool’s own are doing everything they can to suspend preparations.
Atleti’s weekend game was postponed due to the late return of the South American players involved, while the Reds couldn’t even reach an agreement to postpone kick-off by a few hours.
We’re also still thinking about the best way to involve Alisson and Fabinho, which means that after their international appearances they can fly straight to Spain as they have no chance against Watford.
Upcoming game or theme
- Roger Hunt‘s funeral took place today and another club icon, Kevin Keegan, says it is time to think about a new statue for our legendary scorer on Anfield Road
Latest news from Liverpool FC
Latest Premier League chat
- Jesse Lingard will be sought for a free transfer from AC Milan and Barcelona next summer. Will he be a McManaman or a Ramsey, is the question?
- Jules Kounde is back on Man United’s wish list as they face the terrifying prospect of playing with just two center-backs for a month – season-changing!
- Newcastle‘s shortlist is now worth more than the entire Man City roster, as Timo Werner, Phil Coutinho and Niklas Sule are set to be added in the next window or two. At least they do today.
Tweet of the day and game of the night
Come on. Just … come on.
– Bundesliga English (@Bundesliga_DE) October 14, 2021
There’s more Women’s Champions League tonight, then Colombia versus Ecuador. Otherwise you are on your own.