Manchester City is one of the clubs Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin is keeping an eye on, according to English media reports.
Alongside Manchester United, Arsenal and Newcastle, the Citizens are one of four Premier League teams interested in the England international.
Calvert-Lewin scored 21 goals in all competitions for Everton last season while making three out of three appearances in this campaign, but the majority of fans on Twitter don’t think he would fit City:
– Josh Horrocks (@ JoshHorrocks8) October 21, 2021
no no no no no no no no no
– Harry 🍬 (@ adora666) October 21, 2021
Has breadsticks for the legs
– Joe (@JoeMCFC____) October 21, 2021
he’s had good months or so but he’s not good enough and doubt Everton would sell him anyway.
-Brad (@BradleyMCFC_) October 21, 2021
would be a downgrade from the wrong 9
– Prince Daniel III (@go_ACC_) October 21, 2021
Clinical Haaland is the answer, not that average striker
– ClinicalHaaland🤖 (@ClinicalHaaland) October 21, 2021
It is nowhere near enough clinical
– Billy🇧🇼 ™ ️ (@ El_Mago21_) October 21, 2021
Give us the Norwegian
– Syxx (@moneymadmedoit) October 21, 2021
OI NO, HAALAND OR NOTHING
– Ryan 🐐🔥🥶🏴 (@Ryann_MCFC) October 21, 2021
We don’t need it, it will never fit
– BLUE💙 (@ NightcrawlerTh3) October 21, 2021
It is fair to say that most fans would be overwhelmed if Calvert-Lewin moved to the Etihad Stadium, especially if Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland is available on the transfer market next summer.
The big problem with signing the Norwegian, however, is the transfer costs (not only in terms of the fee, but also in terms of salaries). Calvert-Lewin could be seen as a cheaper alternative.